Vibrant vegan breakfast bowl calling! This plant-based and gluten-free superfood lavender blue majik oatmeal bowl is like edible art and tastes absolutely amazing. The oats are basically perfumed by making a lavender tea that pairs wonderfully with the blue spirulina which is packed with B-12s and antioxidants. Adding sweetness is totally optional as the almond milk naturally has some sweetness to it. This has become my favorite breakfast when I’m looking to get fancy - I know you’re going to love it too.
Lavender Blue Majik Oatmeal
- - 1/2 cup rolled oats
- - 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- - 1/2 teaspoon blue spirulina
- - 1 cup almond milk
- - 1/4 cup hot water
- - 1 tbsp edible dried lavender
- - 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey (optional)
- To top:
- a drizzle of plant yogurt
- chia seeds
- sliced persimmon
How to cook Lavender Blue Majik Oatmeal
- First make a lavender tea! To do this, steep the lavender buds in the hot water for about 2 minutes. Remove the lavender from the tea, then add the tea and remaining ingredients to the oats. Heat over medium on the stove for about 5 minutes, or until the oats begin to cook. Remove from heat, then top as desired and enjoy!