We swapped out traditional ingredients like processed oils, refined sugar, and bleached flour for heart-healthy and skin-boosting ingredients like coconut oil and almond flour. Most traditional cookie recipes call for saturated oils like corn, vegetable, or canola that are highly processed and are known to cause chronic inflammation. We like to stay away from those oils here at Copina Co. and instead, opt for oils like ones made from coconuts. Coconuts, a superfood thanks to their makeup of both medium and short-chain fatty acids, have been proven to prevent free radicals and can improve the appearance of skin and hair.* Coconut is a neutral, healthier alternative and has no traces of coconut flavor. Almond flour is also a great low-carb and gluten conscious cooking alternative. It's made from finely ground almonds and is high in protein, healthy fats, and fiber.*
Here at Copina Co., we're always searching for alternative ingredients that boost our skin health and wellbeing, all while tasting delicious. We still encourage you to test out our recipes with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
What makes this recipe a show-stopper in addition to the better for you ingredients is the addition of our Original Beauty Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend. Our bodies naturally produce collagen, but make less of it as we age past 25. The average person's diet contains minimal collagen sources, but by adding in our Beauty Blends to your drinks, smoothies, oatmeal bowls, and cookies help support your bodies' natural process of building collagen.*
Our Original Beauty Plant-Based Collagen Boost blend contains herbalist approved and researched backed botanicals like tremella mushroom extract, grapeseed extract, hyaluronic acid, and bamboo extract. These nourishing ingredients contain amino acids and antioxidants that boost skin health and promote healthy bones, hair, and nails. Read more about the ingredients we use and their benefits for our bodies in our "What is Vegan Collagen?" blog post.
All of our blends are grain-free, paleo/keto-friendly, and vegan. At Copina Co. we believe you shouldn't have to consume animal products to achieve glowing skin. Most collagen supplements on the market nowadays use low-quality ingredients like cow hides, fish skin, and eggshells. Our Beauty Blends offer the same benefits, but always in animal-friendly form and using the best in class ingredients.
Don't forget to tag us on Instagram @copinaco if you test out these Peanut Butter Beauty cookies or any of our other recipes on our website.
Peanut Butter Beauty Cookies
- 1/3 cup Copina Co. Original Beauty Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend
- ⅓ cup (67g) refined coconut oil softened
- ⅔ cup of coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg or flax egg for a flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water and let set for 10 minutes before using
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients and in a separate bowl combine the wet. Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl or food processor. Blend to combine until the dry ingredients are completely mixed in. Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- When you're ready to bake, divide the dough into 12 balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down slightly. Add extra chocolate chips on top if you'd like. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then cool and enjoy