Getting tired of the same tomato based sauces? Look no further. This vegan creamy roasted red pepper sauce is an easy alternative that will be sure to prove itself delicious. Low key my new favorite dish. I made this in under 20 minutes last night and devoured it in about 5. The broiled and slightly charred red peppers give the sauce a fantastic smoky flavor that goes great over chickpea pasta. I then topped my dish with some mushrooms and kale sautéed in avocado oil. This creamy sauce is robust, delicious and made from healthy veggies.
Use this sauce over pasta, veggies, or whatever else you want. Get creative! Tag me with your own creamy roasted red pepper sauce. (@copinaco)
Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Pasta
- - 2 bell peppers, sliced open with seeds removed and tops cut out
- - 1 container unsweetened plant-based yogurt
- - 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- - 1 large shallot or 1/2 white onion
- - 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves
- - 1/4 tsp red pepper spice
- - 2 tbsp olive oil
- - Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Pasta
- Broil the red bell peppers flat on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 500*F.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While they’re broiling, chop and sauté the shallots and garlic in a little avocado oil until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Toss them and the peppers in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add to your pasta of choice cooked according to package directions, top with your favorite veggies, and enjoy!
Wanting more pasta based recipes? Check out these other healthy, yet delicious options: