A classic movie-time favorite but with a sweet and salty upgrade, say hello to our superfood and vegan Chocolate Beauty Popcorn, a crunchy on-the-go snack and after dinner treat all in one. This recipe is a major upgrade to typical movie popcorn. It’s slightly salty, coconut-ey, decadent, and comes packed with chocolate, adaptogens, and collagen-boosting botanicals that make our bodies sing.
Look no further than this Chocolate Beauty Popcorn recipe the next time you're looking to mix up your snack routine. We’re low key addicted!
WHAT EXACTLY IS POPCORN
We all know what popcorn is, it's one of the most popular snack foods and our go-to movie snack of choice, but what is it really?
Popcorn is a variety of corn kernels that when exposed to heat, puff up into a delicious and crunchy treat. It first got its popularity in New Mexico and during the Great Depression popularity expanded to American because of its simplicity and affordability.
Popcorn can be a very nutrient-dense treat when prepared with the right ingredients. We love either making this recipe from scratch by popping the popcorn over the stove or by adding in the melted coconut oil and toppings over pre-made unseasoned popcorn bought in the store. Did you know that popcorn contains more fiber than a slice of whole-grain bread? Fiber-rich foods like popcorn can actually help aid in digestion and support a healthy diet.* Popcorn is also naturally high in essential vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, and magnesium.*
Mixing fiber and whole-grain rich popcorn kernels with our collagen and mood-boosting Cacao Calm Beauty makes this a snack you're not going to want to miss.
Cacao Calm Beauty is formulated with organic cacao powder, cinnamon, coconut, hyaluronic acid, ashwagandha, and more. It’s a decadent and nourishing blend of adaptogens and botanicals to help promote collagen synthesis and encourage a sense of calm.* This sense of calm comes from Ashwagandha, an ancient medicinal herb that’s been shown to promote calm by blocking stress pathways that regulate chemical signaling in the nervous system.*
Collagen-boosting and health benefits aside - what makes this Chocolate Beauty Popcorn a kitchen staple snack is how quickly it comes together. It’s a fantastic snack for when you want something fun to enjoy in a snap.
We love how versatile this simple snack can be. Our vegan Cacao Calm Collagen Booster acts as a delicious and sweet base when paired with the salty popcorn. We encourage you to top with some of your other favorite treats like a drizzle of caramel or peanut butter. This recipe also works well with nuts, marshmallows, a yogurt drizzle, or even by swapping the dark chocolate for white chocolate. This recipe yields 4 servings, so if you're really feeling ambitious you can split the popcorn into 4 ways and get creative with your toppings.
- Place popcorn and oil in a 3-quart pot over medium heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Shake the pot constantly as popcorn pops. When popping slows to a few seconds in-between pops, after about 3 to 5 minutes, remove the pot from heat and pour cooked popcorn into a large bowl.
- Add in Cacao Calm, cinnamon, sea salt, and chopped chocolate
- Gently mix together and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
DRINKS TO SIP WITH CHOCOLATE BEAUTY POPCORN
Caffeine-Free Raspberry Acerola Latte
Calming Caffeine-Free Ashwagandha Cacao Latte
Easy Cold Brew Matcha
Chocolate Beauty Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup unpopped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons Copina Co. Cacao Calm
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste (we love Maldon salt)
- 4 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate (optional but delicious)
- Place popcorn and oil in a 3-quart pot over medium heat and cover the pot with a lid. Shake the pot constantly as popcorn pops. When popping slows to a few seconds in-between pops, after about 3 to 5 minutes, remove the pot from heat and pour cooked popcorn into a large bowl. add in Cacao Calm, cinnamon, sea salt, and chopped chocolate, then stir and enjoy!